Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Pursuit of happiness

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." -Alexander Graham Bell


Sometimes I think that it can be so difficult to find true happiness because a lot of this world is broken.  I use to feel like it would be impossible to ever feel the happiness I saw others have because I was so focused on closed doors.  It felt like one day God himself shook me and said, "look behind you!" And there it was--an open door for a new path of happiness.  It is never easy to see a door close on you and not want to wait for it to open back up, but stepping your feet through that new open door could really unlock all your fears and hold the happiness we all are looking for.  My life is not the worst, but pain is pain and I have had a lot of loss, regrets, and sorrow.  Somehow I have finally started to really run through this new door for happiness and it has lead me right where I am suppose to be.  There will always be days where I feel more gloomy than others and may start to drift my eyes towards that closed door, but in the end I took a leap of faith and trusted myself more than I ever have and have found a place in life that feels right.  Sometimes happiness is simpler than we make it out to be.  Find your happiness.

Taken with Canon by Kristina Schroll


No comments:

Post a Comment